A bestselling author and renowned communications consultant offers 101 time-tested hints, tips, and techniques for confidently communicating with others.
-You'll not only break the ice, you'll melt it away with your new skills.- -- Larry King
-The lost art of verbal communication may be revitalized by Leil Lowndes.- -- Harvey McKay, author of -How to Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive-
What is that magic quality makes some people instantly loved and respected? Everyone wants to be their friend (or, if single, their lover ) In business, they rise swiftly to the top of the corporate ladder. What is their -Midas touch?-
What it boils down to is a more skillful way of dealing with people.
The author has spent her career teaching people how to communicate for success. In her book How to Talk to Anyone (Contemporary Books, October 2003) Lowndes offers 92 easy and effective sure-fire success techniques-- she takes the reader from first meeting all the way up to sophisticated techniques used by the big winners in life. In this information-packed book you'll find:
- 9 ways to make a dynamite first impression
- 14 ways to master small talk, -big talk, - and body language
- 14 ways to walk and talk like a VIP or celebrity
- 6 ways to sound like an insider in any crowd
- 7 ways to establish deep subliminal rapport with anyone
- 9 ways to feed someone's ego (and know when NOT to )
- 11 ways to make your phone a powerful communications tool
- 15 ways to work a party like a politician works a room
- 7 ways to talk with tigers and not get eaten alive
In her trademark entertaining and straight-shooting style, Leil gives the techniques catchy names so you'll remember them when you really need them, including: -Rubberneck the Room, - -Be a Copyclass, - -Come Hither Hands, - -Bare Their Hot Button, - -The Great Scorecard in the Sky, - and -Play the Tombstone Game, - for big success in your social life, romance, and business.
How to Talk to Anyone, which is an update of her popular book, Talking the Winner's Way (see the 5-star reviews of the latter) is based on solid research about techniques that work
By the way, don't confuse How to Talk to Anyone with one of Leil's previous books, How to Talk to Anybody About Anything. This one is completely different ...
-You'll not only break the ice, you'll melt it away with your new skills.-
-The ultimate guide to the thinking person . . . an invaluable tool for conversations.-
--Sally Jesse Raphael
Become a master communicator and succeed in life, love, and business
Have you ever admired those successful people who seem to have it all? You see them chatting confidently at parties and being listened to in business meetings. They're the ones with the best jobs, nicest parties, and most interesting friends.
But wait a minute. They're not necessarily smarter than you or even better looking. What it comes down to is their more skillful way of communicating with other people. Now How to Talk to Anyone reveals the secrets of successful communication. With Leil Lowndes's ninety-two easy and effective techniques, you will discover how to become a master communicator in life, love, and business.
Combining the latest research with Leil's trademark wit and warm-hearted observations of human foibles, How to Talk to Anyone shows you how to:
- Make an unforgettable entrance and meet the people you want to meet
- Sound like an insider in any crowd, no matter how little you have in common
- Use body language to captivate audiences of all sizes
- Work a party the way a politician works a room
- Always come across confident, credible, and charismatic wherever you are
How to Talk to Anyone, which is an update of her popular book, Talking the Winner's Way (see the 5-star reviews of the latter) is based on solid research about techniques that work!